10 Smart Points
There is very little that isn’t better when it’s homemade, and sweet and sour chicken is one of those things that’s much better when you make it yourself. The pineapple gives a sweet flavour, while the onion and bell pepper add a delicious crunch. The best part is that it’s simple and delicious, and you can avoid the scary orange sauce.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet.
- Cook the chicken until no pink remains.
- Add the onion and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the pepper and pineapple. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and chicken stock. Bring the sauce to a boil.
- Add the cornstarch and cook until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the chicken over rice.
Check out this video to know more:
|Preparation time||5 minutes|
|Cooking time||15 minutes|