Coffee has been admired and ridiculed for ages. On one side it is been accused to result in insanity and impotence in humans, but at other times it is seen as a treatment for lethargy or a gift from paradise. Let’s take a look at the scientifically proven pros and cons of coffee that we acknowledge nowadays.
Advantages of Coffee
- Good for weight loss. Coffee holds Magnesium and potassium which supports the human body for use of insulin and regulates the sugar level in blood.
- Good for burning fats. Coffee supports the body cells to break up the fat cells and use as a fuel for working hard in your workout.
- Helps to remain focused and alert. 1 to 6 cups of coffee in a day can help to keep you focused and alert.
- Decreases risk of cancers. Research has proven that coffee can lower the risk of the prostate gland in males by 20 % and endometrial cancer in females by approximately 25 %. Individuals in the examination group drank 4 cups of coffee each day.
- Lower risk of type 2 diabetes. Caffeine declines your insulin sensitivity and impairs glucose tolerance, hence lessens your risk of diabetes type 2.
- Improves the mood. Coffee helps to resist depression and decrease the risk of suicide. Caffeine awakens the central nervous system and also increases the production of neurotransmitters which enhances mood.
Disadvantages of Coffee
- Coffee can cause insomnia and anxiety. Drinking 4 cups of coffee typically give you 400 mg of caffeine. You need to be aware of the kind of coffee that suits you. these will help you to choose the right kind of coffee and avoid insomnia or nervousness.
- Don’t drink more than 1 cup a day when you’re pregnant. For a pregnant woman, no more than a cup in a day is advised. Excess of coffee can harm the fetus.
- If you have high cholesterol please choose filtered coffee. If your cholesterol level is actually high then choose filtered coffee because the regular coffee can further increase the cholesterol level.
- Toxic to health. If the coffee isn’t of high quality, then it contains a lot of impurities which can be bad and toxic for your overall health. In cases like this, it can cause illness and severe headache feelings.
While coffee stays as a debate point for its effects on the human body, its popularity never seems to decline. Even in countries where tea is a basic drink, coffee has its place in kitchens, restaurants and office canteens. Be it black coffee or Cappuccino – people find different flavours suiting their taste buds on different seasons.