4 Smart Points
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss tomatoes and garlic cloves with the olive oil, and place them on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 35 – 40 minutes, or until the tomatoes are charred.
- Heat the butter in a stock pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add in the onions, and red pepper flakes.
- Sauté for about 5-6 minutes or until the onions start to brown.
- Stir in the canned tomatoes, basil, oregano, and stock (or water).
- Add in the oven roasted tomatoes and garlic, including any juices on the baking sheet.
- Bring to a boil, and simmer, uncovered for about 25-30 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Using an immersion blender, process the soup until desired consistency is reached.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
|10 min||1 hr 10 min|
For a visual treat of the recipe, check out this video: